Maas Maintenance Checklist
You should run through this checklist each time that you use an Maas, preferably while you are rigging but at least before you return it to the rack.
- Seat rolls smoothly and silently. If not, flush both the wheels and the tracks with lots of water.
- Foot stretchers are tight. Check and tighten the wing nuts behind the cross bar.
- Bailer is stiff enough to stay open on its own. If not, get two sets of pliers and spread the sides a bit while it is closed. If you are not sure what you are doing, please send a note to Radik (maintenance fleet captain on contact page).
- Bailer is not full of sand. Rinse with lots of water.
- Boat is empty of water. If not, remove bow plug, invert and drain.
- Oarlocks move freely and quietly. If not, flush them with fresh water.
- Use boat protectors while transporting boats to and from the beach, like shown on the pictures.
Please be sure to replace tools when done (tip: never set them down except in the toolbox).