· Best practice: row with a friend. The safest way (for the boat) to launch and recover is to have a companion help by holding the boats in the surf while the dolly(ies) are put away. The boats never need to touch the beach. Teamwork will prolong the life of our boats.
· Never launch when sea or beach conditions are likely to damage the boat. Heavy surf, rocks, shells and debris must be avoided. Move to another launch location if necessary. If in doubt, row an Echo instead! Make a Row/No Row decision!
· Never slide the boat on the sand. Lift, allow the stern to float, move the boat while buoyant in the water.
· Knee-deep launch and recovery is mandatory. The skeg must not come in contact with the bottom. Never row the boat into the shore.
· Make sure dolly slings are free from sand. Before loading the boat onto the dolly, rinse the hull in the surf to prevent damage.
· The boats are stored upside-down resting on slings, blocks, or preferably stern on the dolly, bow on the sling. This will make the boat available for launch single handed.
· Hull covers: TBA
· Seat, rigger and inspection hatch cover removed and stored in the shed
· Stern plug opened for ventilation whenever the boat is not in the water
· Inspect the boat for damage
· With the bow on the sling, lift the stern and rotate the boat upright
· Lift the bow and move the sling out of the way. Lower the bow onto the dolly
· Carefully position the bow on the dolly and fasten the bungees
· Install the rigger. Secure in place with 2 pins
· Clean the seat rollers and rails and install the seat
· Install the inspection hatch cover and stern plug
· Install oars, bungee the blades to the stern webbing to transport to beach
· Make sure you have all of your safety equipment and move the boat to the beach.
· Launch the boat stern first. Do not slide the boat on the sand. Position the boat safely at the waterline and stow the dolly.
· Position the boat safely at the waterline while retrieving the dolly. Make sure the dolly sling is free of sand before loading the boat.
· Rinse the hull in the surf before loading the boat on the dolly.
· Rinse the boat and equipment with fresh water if possible
· De-rig the boat and store the rigger, seat and hatch cover in the shed. Open the stern plug.
Move the boat into the storage position, place the sling under the bow, lift the stern, rotate the boat upside-down and lower the stern onto the dolly sling.