Kayaks must be rented if you wish to remove them from the compound for non club trips. A boat can be rented for up to ten days. We will only rent out four boats at any one time - this does not apply to club events (trips, racing, clinics, etc.)
- Single kayak rental: available only to Club Locarno members who are checked out on the kayak fleet. Guests cannot rent a single kayak
- Double kayak rental: available to one Club Locarno member who is checked out on the kayak fleet and either another member or a guest.
Rentals are on a first-come, first served basis according to registration date. Lessons, clinics and other club events have priority over individual rentals, so please check the calendar for scheduled events when planning your trip.
The Kayaking rental package is $30 for the first day and $10 for each subsequent day. Rental includes:
1 Paddle and 1 spare paddle
1 Spray Skirt
1 Throw Line
1 Self-Rescue Paddle Float
Also available are kayak carts, roof racks / foam blocks, tie straps and tie ropes. If you have not tied a boat to a car before ask for help or a demonstration.
How to Book a Rental:
1. Email email@example.com with your preferred boat and dates. You must get confirmation from the kayak director before moving to step 2.
2. Register below under 'kayak rental';
3. Sign out your boat when you collect it from the club, and sign back in when you return.
Important Note: To ensure your kayak will be available when you pick it up: please pick it up before sunrise on the first day of rental, or after sunset on the night before. Anyone renting a kayak must first be cleared for fleet access by completing a checkout or introductory lesson
. The actual skills that you require for your proposed trip will depend on your destination. Be realistic about your abilities when planning your trip, and do your homework.
Rental return: return all gear cleaned and in good condition. Report any damage. Replace all gear in the proper locations in the kayak shed (ropes and tie strap coiled)